built 2010
location Berlin, Germany
architect Schäfer Wenninger Projekt GmbH
material Ceno style LP-70
Ceilings for the "Ernst-Reuter-Haus"

Already planned in the 1940s, the neo-classical three-wing complex for the headquarters of the German Association of Cities and Towns was only completed in 1951 and it is incorporated in the State List of Historical Monuments. Due to the varied history and consequent structural intervention during the past fifty years, the┬átarget is to make it possible to find a means of contemporary use for the house with its classical natural stone façade and its generous, representative interiors and to attain its atmospheric potential.

The changes include indirect façade lighting as well as the new lighting design in the vestibule in the entrance area and in the lobby.